Use this Mighty Line floor tape to highlight boundary areas and aisles that can be difficult to navigate when the lights dim. This yellow floor tape has a high intensity reflective center line that can provide direction when light hits it. This floor tape comes in 4" width and 75 foot length.
This Mighty Line Floor Tape Features:
For maximum adhesion and product life, be sure to check the cleanliness of your before install.
See how in the video below:
Safety standards - Here are a few standards to keep in mind when marking aisles with Mighty Line Floor Tape
- 29 CFR 1910.176(a) - Where mechanical handling equipment is used, sufficient safe clearances shall be allowed for aisles, at loading docks, through doorways and wherever turns or passage must be made. Aisles and passageways shall be kept clear and in good repair, with no obstruction across or in aisles that could create a hazard. Permanent aisles and passageways shall be appropriately marked.
- Official interpretation of CFR 1910.22(b) states
- Recommended width of aisles is at least 3 feet wider than the largest equipment to be utilized, or a minimum of 4 feet – whichever is greater.
- Marking lines can be of any color “so long as they clearly define the area considered as aisle space.”
- Recommended width of aisle markings varies from 2 inches to 6 inches; therefore, any width 2 inches or more is considered acceptable
- 1910.36(g)(2) - An exit access must be at least 28 inches (71.1 cm) wide at all points. Where there is only one exit access leading to an exit or exit discharge, the width of the exit and exit discharge must be at least equal to the width of the exit access.
- 1926.152(b)(4)(vii) – Flammable Liquids - In every inside storage room there shall be maintained one clear aisle at least 3 feet wide. Containers over 30 gallons capacity shall not be stacked one upon the other
How to install Mighty Line Tape
- Determine areas to be marked with Mighty Line Tape
- Clean floor with industrial floor cleaner, or by hand with soap and water
- Allow floor to dry and make sure floor is above 55°F
- Set up a temporary reference line or determine an existing line on the floor for reference to keep tape on a straight path
Installation IF NOT USING AN APPLICATOR
- Remove a section of the backing approximately 4" from the end of the tape, exposing the adhesive
- Unroll a long section of tape and align with existing reference line
- Once positioned as desired, apply the exposed adhesive to the floor, applying pressure and wiping with hand to ensure good adhesion
- Peel the backing from the adhesive gradually to expose more adhesive and apply Mighty Line to the floor, using the reference line to guide
- Continue applying - working your way down the floor to the desired point
- At the end point cut the tape with scissors
Installation IF USING AN APPLICATOR:
- Wrap the tape through the applicator as directed in applicator instructions
- Remove backing and and mount to the roller instructed
- Locate the applicator at the desired start point and push, using the reference line to guide and walking over the newly applied line to ensure adhesion
- Once at the end point, use a scissors to cut
Tip: If installing another tape line at an angle, apply the tape a few inches beyond the desired end location. Apply the new line starting at the desired location, overlapping with the previous tape. Once complete, use a scissors to cut both tape layers, creating a nearly seamless continuation.